Topham Times

Topham Times

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day Pancakes

For Valentines Day dinner I made pink pancakes with strawberries and strawberry syrup. While I was in the process of making the pancakes, the girls climbed up on chairs to watch me hard at work. I had some of the ingredients in the blender. Leila bent down and took in a deep sniff. She said, "Oh Mom that smells like raspberries." Then Savannah bent down and sniffed. She firmly agreed with Leila that mom was using raspberries to make the pancakes pink. She was so sure that she hollered for Dale and informed him of my clever use of red food to create pink pancakes. Finally everyone was at the table and I brought the plate of pancakes over. Savannah was so excited that she started telling everyone that we were going to have frosted pancakes for dinner. It was a very enjoyable dinner and everyone ate well. I just sat back and thought to myself how nice it was to see my whole family eating yummy beets. Thats right, I used pureed beets to make the pancakes pink. I put in 1/3 cup. I never knew beets could smell like raspberries, but if that is what it takes to get my girls to eat their veggies, then, go raspberries!

7 comments:

  1. Have you seen the cookbook about hiding veggies in kids' food? Way to go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This totally cracks me up, Katie. You never cease to amaze me. ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariann,

    She bought that book a week or two ago. That's where the recipe came from. (As did the homemade macaroni and cheese she made yesterday, which had pureed beans in it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that's great!! That book sounds like a great find! What's the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa,

    Jessica Seinfeld, Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go katie that's awesome way to feed them their vegetables disguised as fruits keep it up keep up the good work love you.

    ReplyDelete