Topham Times

Topham Times

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In which Leila offers to pay for our daddy-daughter date


A few days ago, I picked up Leila from preschool and had 45 minutes before I needed to pick Savannah up from her school. Thinking it would not be worth it to drive back home, only to hop back in the car and get Savannah, I came up with an idea to fill the time. I asked Leila if she wanted to go on a daddy-daughter date with me. She squealed with delight and said, "Yes!!" I then called Katie to tell her of our plans. During our conversation, she cautioned me about spending too much money on the date and told me to keep it cheap.

I relayed this message to Leila as we were trying to settle on a destination. Leila immediately said, "Dad, you can borrow money from me for our date. We can just drive home and get my piggy bank and then go on our date. I explained that time would not allow us the extra trip home and politely declined her offer to pay. In response, she said, "But dad, I have a lot of money. I mean, TONS of money."

I said, "Oh yeah? How much you got?"

She said, "I have two dollar bills!"

I agreed that that was a large sum of money, but told her I could afford to pay for our frozen yogurt at Yogurtland.

She said, "Dad, you need to earn more money." Then, after a pause, she offered me a means of supplementing my income. She said, "I got an idea, you could tickle my back and I will give you some pennies. Then you will have more money."


Pennies, huh? You mean you're not willing to pay me the big bucks to tickle your back?

1 comment:

  1. You tickle backs for pennies? Dale, my good friend, that is quite the family discount considering the local back tickler here in St. George charges me $65! Do you offer a similar discount for friends?

    ReplyDelete