Topham Times

Topham Times

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Trouble with being Short

An irate Savannah: "Dad, you have the shortest legs in the history of legs!"

Legs have a history? I don't think that's been chronicled yet. One of my fellow historians ought to get on that!

(Context: Either I am too short, or the chairs in the cultural hall in our church building are too tall. If I sit in a chair and put my feet on the ground, I cannot provide children wishing to sit on my lap a... level surface. It's more like they are balancing precariously on a downward sloping slide. That would be okay, except when I am wearing a suit and my daughters are wearing dresses, they slide right off my lap. Savannah wanted me to color with her in her coloring book today while she sat on my lap, and got really frustrated by the fact that she kept falling victim to gravity, as did the coloring book. She urged me to grow longer legs to solve the problem. I told her I could keep her safely planted on my lap if I wrapped my arms around her. She found this unacceptable because it would mean I couldn't color with her.

Maybe I'll start bringing a small step-stool with me to church each week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment