Topham Times

Topham Times

Monday, January 31, 2011

No Food or Drizk Allomed, or, a red letter day

We took the girls to Chik-fil-A this afternoon, shared a drink, and let them play in the play area. We sat in a booth next to the glass wall separating the dining room from the play equipment. As we took turns sipping our Sprite, Savannah noticed a series of letters on the glass. She stood up on the bench to examine the letters more closely and, to my surprise, began rattling them off: "N-O-F-O-O-D-O-R-D-R-I . . . zee . . . K. . . aah, aah . . . A! . . . L-L-O . . . em . . . E-D."

I had no idea the kid could recognize letters so well! And the fact that she knows that the letter A makes an aah sound pleases me greatly. If she can identify letters and match them with their sounds, it's time to teach her how to read!! (Okay, so we need to work a little on distinguishing between Ns & Zs and Ws & Ms . . .)

I am so proud of my little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment