Topham Times

Topham Times

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 7: Mostly ups

Today we all had a bit of the slows. Last night I was up just about every hour with a different girl helping them with one thing or another. So no one really slept well. The girls helped me make eggs puffs, a new recipe I've wanted to try. Its basically pureed squash, eggs, egg whites, and flour, with a few other ingredients. You divide it into 4 mugs and bake. They were pretty good. When we were doing the squash, the girls asked me what it was. I said squash. Savannah asked me if it was the kind she liked, meaning zucchini. I said no, but its a kind she has had before. I was nervous that they wouldn't even try it since they knew it had squash in it, but Savannah declared afterwards that it had everything she liked in it and she wanted more.

While the girls were finishing up the last of their breakfast, I was in their room getting the booster seat down when I heard this huge crash. Savannah rushed into the room to tell me there was glass everywhere. Upon investigation I learned that Leila tried to give Savannah a spoon, but Savannah didn't want it so she "tossed" it back to her. I guess Leila decided she didn't want it either because she "tossed" it in another direction and shattered some dishes. Nice. The glass was all over the table and floor (another reason to strongly dislike carpet in the dining room), glass in the butter, glass just everywhere. I had to keep all the girls in their room so I could get it all cleaned up before anyone got hurt.

The big news from today is that Colette is no longer using a high chair but now uses a booster seat. The last couple of days it seems like she hasn't been eating very well, especially in her high chair. This morning after breakfast, she climbed up into Dale's chair and started eating food she could reach off of her tray. She did great and ate well to boot. So we broke out the booster seat and got everything set up so that at lunch time she could join the family at the table. And again she was much happier and ate well. I guess she just wanted to be with all of us girls.

I asked the girls what they wanted to be when they grow up. Savannah announced that she wanted to be a mommy. I asked why and she said because she has lots of babies. So I mentioned that it sounded like she was already a Mom, and she said "Mom, I am not an Adult Mommy." Oh, now I understand, I think. So I asked her if she wanted to do anything else in addition to being a Mommy and she said yes, she was going to feed her babies chunks of food. What kind you might ask? Pizza, was the big answer from both girls, as by now Leila had joined in the conversation. They also agreed that they were going to sing to their babies "I am a Child of God" and "dashing through the snow" ("Jingle Bells"). Savannah also mentioned that she was going to give her babies naps. So I asked if she thought that some day they wouldn't take naps. She said probably not until they are 900 because they are pretty grumpy now.

Well we just have to survive one more night and one day until Dale arrives. I can't wait. I hope he got lots of sleep when he was in Utah, because I would love a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment