Topham Times

Topham Times

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Interview with Savannah

This evening after her sisters went to bed, Savannah and I had another chance to talk.

Me: "Savannah, what is your favorite thing to do?"

Savannah: "Unwrap presents!"

Me: "What do you like most about yourself?"

Savannah: (pulling on her bangs) "This. I like my hair because it's so so long, longer than my sisters' hair. And it's red. It's pretty, so I like it the most."

Me: "Who is your favorite boy?"

Savannah: "Umm, Aiden I guess, but I don't really know."

Me: "Who is your favorite girl?"

Savannah: "Me!" A pause. Then, "It's hard to choose. I really like myself 'cause I'm so pretty, but so are my sisters. They are pretty, too. It would be hard to choose between them, so I would probably just say me."


Am I raising a confident, well-adjusted child, or a narcissistic one?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your little Savannah is just to cute. And my daughter thinks she is the queen of our home. So no worries. Our daughters need that confidence to get through the horrible world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that she told you that her sisters are pretty too and that it would be hard to choose between them gives me hope that she won't grow up to be a snotty mean girl. As long as she doesn't go around telling everyone, 'look at me, I'm gorgeous!', it will be just fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete