Topham Times

Topham Times

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Number 1: We must be Strong







The next several days of posts may not seem very exciting, but Dale has just left for another research trip to Utah and I thought a daily post would be the best way to let him see a glimpse into our days without him.

Although the morning started off teary eyed as none of us wanted to part ways, Day 1 has gone fairly well. We went out to breakfast, came home and took a bath, read scriptures, and had movie night at 11 in the morning. We watched a Dora show, an Angelina show (about a mouse that dances), and the first couple of minutes of a Veggie Tale before we got ready for quiet time. My sister, Melissa, sent the girls these mosaic art pictures that she thought the girls would enjoy making. The pictures are of them holding up their finished products and one of Colette and what she did while the girls crafted. The project entertained them for over an hour and only about 1/8 of the leftover squares were spread from one end of the house to another, including in each of the girls' hair. Then we cleaned their room and right at the end I fell to the floor with pain in my heart. Dr. Mama Dude (Leila) and Dr. Fixer (Savannah) rushed to my aid with their doctor's supplies and repeatedly told me I was all good. Everything sounded good. Then they gave me a pillow, covered me with every one of their blankets, and read me a couple of stories off their shelves. Colette also helped me by shoving a heart checker in my eye and force feeding me pretend food by spoon. Once the stories were all done I felt much better and we went off to make dinner, read scriptures, and get ready for bed. All in all a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Great job girls! I like your mosaics. And I'm glad you girls are taking such good care of mommy while I'm away. You went out to breakfast?! Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete